Berrylicious Recipes on Family Fun Friday
HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND!
WELCOME TO FAMILY FUN FRIDAY!
Family Fun Friday is a collection of Family Friendly posts to help families connect. Whether it be through encouragement, homeschool printables, craft ideas, family activities or delicious family recipes, our goal is to promote family togetherness. We hope you’ll stick around a while and check out some of the great ideas you see here.
This weekend we celebrate Memorial Day and the “official” beginning of summer. Most of us will be busy visiting with friends and family, enjoying some warm weather, and of course grilling. I’d like to encourage you to take a few moments to stop and think about the meaning of Memorial Day. Explain to your children what it’s all about, maybe even talk about a grandparent or other friend or relative that has made the ultimate sacrifice for the freedoms we enjoy today.
Thanks to all the great bloggers who linked up last week, you always make it so difficult to choose only six!
This week I’m featuring Berrylicious Recipes on Family Fun Friday. Berries are one of my favorite things about summer. These recipes look wonderful and I can’t wait to try them.
- Kleinworth and Co. is back this week with Simple Blueberry Smoothie. Smoothies are such a refreshing treat, great for lunch or snack. Her super easy recipe is perfect.
- Simple Living and Eating shared with us this Chicken with Raspberry Glaze. We love chicken on the grill and I’m always looking for new rubs or sauces. I’ve never seen a raspberry glaze before but this sounds amazing!
- Simple Living and Eating also shared Blackberry Endive Appetizer. I love her unique ideas! I don’t think I’ve ever eaten endive but this makes me want to try some.
- Luv a Bargain gives us and easy solution to a common problem….How to Make Fresh Strawberries Last Longer. I know we sometimes end up throwing the last several away because we just can’t eat them fast enough. I’m going to be trying this with the strawberries in my refrigerator right now.
- Dash of Sanity brought us this Raspberry Mint Lemonade. It looks so refreshing, I feel cooler just looking at it, imagine how wonderful it would be to actually be sipping one on a hot summer day. She made these for a very special “Girl’s Night Out.” I hope you’ll go over and check it out.
- My Nearest and Dearest inspires us to have a guilt-free treat with Strawberry Shortcake Popsicles. Does it get any better than guilt-free popsicles? It’s a great healthy recipe the kids will love making and eating.
Please stop by our other hostesses to see their features…
Carly at Africa to America is featuring Screen Free Fun
Monica at Happy and Blessed Home featured Summertime Fun Activities
Stephanie at Everyday Living featured Less is More
I noticed some of us chose the same posts….we must have been thinking alike this week!
Meet the ladies of Family Fun Friday…
Monica created Family Fun Friday and blogs at HappyandBlessedHome.com where she shares free preschool tools and printables, encouraging words for moms, and ideas for having fun together as a family. Follow: Blog / Facebook / Pinterest / Twitter /Google + / Bloglovin’. Monica will feature Family Fun Posts.
Stephanie Kay is a busy homeschooling mom of 5. She blogs at Everyday Family Living where she shares practical ideas for home organization, family activities, books and education, and health & fitness. Follow: Blog / Facebook / Pinterest / Stephanie will feature Money Saving and Organizing Tips.
Carly is an adoptive mama and piano teacher who blogs at Africa to America. She writes about globalism, compassion and motherhood. Follow: Facebook / Pinterest / Twitter. Carly will be featuring posts on kid learning and crafting.
Please Don’t Forget a Few Simple Rules:
- Link Only Family Friendly Post – Don’t make me spell it out…
- Follow Your Host(s)
- Spread the Word
- Mingle! Bloggers Love Comments
- If you link up, you permit the hosts of Family Fun Friday to use your pictures/ideas as part of future posts and/or social media
Remember, bloggers love pins, shares, comments and follows, so if you see something you like…let them know.
Now on to the PARTY!