Honey Pecan Pork Chops
I like to plan our meals a month in advance, then make one big grocery list and get everything that I need. A few months ago I was making the monthly menu and feeling like we had been eating the “same ol’ thing”, so I decided to look through my cookbooks. In my Gooseberry Patch Country Quick & Easy Cookbook, I found this recipe for pork chops. It sounded good and it was supposed to be “quick and easy” although I will admit, I was skeptical about that part. Usually meat made with sauce takes a lot longer to be tasty and tender. I figured I would give it a try, besides, the ingredients were things I already had in my pantry. I love that!
As it turned out, on the night these were scheduled, we had company. I almost never make a new recipe for company but they are close friends and it was what we had on hand so I decided to go with it. It turned out perfect. To my surprise, it was done in under thirty minutes and VERY tender and flavorful! Everyone loved it.
When making this dish for the blog I followed the recipe exactly, which makes enough sauce to cover the meat. We however, love sauces so I usually double that portion of the recipe. I serve it with Jasmine rice, which we top with the extra sauce. The sweetness of the honey “marries” well with the natural flavor of the Jasmine rice, while the pecans give it a nice “crunch”.
Here’s the Recipe: (Printable recipe card below)
1 lb boneless pork loin cutlets
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
3 Tablespoons butter
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup chopped pecans
Melt 2 tablespoons butter, add honey and pecans – set aside
Heat one tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat
Coat pork chops with flour and brown in butter on both sides
Fry just until slightly browned
Add honey mixture, turning chops to coat
Cover with lid and simmer 7-8 minutes or until pork chop juices run clear
We’ve served this to other guests and even the “picky” eaters LOVED it!
- 1 lb boneless pork chops (although I have used bone-in)
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons butter - divided
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter
- In small bowl combine melted butter, honey and pecans - set aside
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in large skillet
- Coat chops lightly with flour and brown on both sides
- Add honey mixture and turn chops to coat
- Cover with lid, reduce heat to and simmer about 7-8 minutes (depending on thickness of chops)
- I usually double (at least) the sauce portion in order to have extra to serve over rice.
- If making more chops than this recipe calls for, double or triple sauce, brown chops in batches then layer when returning to skillet. They still turn out great.
Linked with Jamie at Mom’s Test Kitchen