One Week Meal Plan Family Fun Friday
Welcome to Family Fun Friday and HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!
Family Fun Friday is a collection of Family Friendly posts to help families connect. Whether it be through encouragement, homeschool printables, craft ideas, family activities or delicious family recipes, our goal is to promote family togetherness. We hope you’ll stick around a while and check out some of the great ideas you see here.
This weekend is Mother’s Day and I hope you all have something special planned for your moms. I think we can all agree, being a mom is not an easy job. Our features this week are focused on helping Mom have a Happy Mother’s Day and making her life a little easier and less busy. I’ve chosen to feature a One Week Meal Plan, using recipes that were linked last week. Hopefully, this will help busy moms save time and energy when it comes to making dinner. Planning always helps me save time and avoid the “4:30-afternoon- blank- stare” into the freezer, wondering what to make for dinner. I like to plan a month of menus at a time, but I know that is a little overwhelming for some…so let’s just start with one week. The dishes I’ve chosen look delicious AND as equally important…Quick and Easy! Why only six items if it’s supposed to be dinner for a week? Because I always plan a night for leftovers!
- Meal 1 – Chicken Suizas Enchilada Casserole by Mommy on Demand. It only takes about 10 minutes to assemble and bakes for about 30 minutes. A great one dish meal to start your week.
- Meal 2 – Maple and Citrus Glazed Fish by In the Kitchen With Jenny. Fish is a great food that most of us don’t eat enough and this unique twist of Maple and Citrus sounds delicious…and ready in under 30 minutes!
- Meal 3 – Quick and Easy Salad Ideas from A Life in Balance. Salads make a healthy dinner and great for those hot summer evenings (or anytime) when you just don’t feel like cooking.
- Meal 4 – Crock Pot BBQ Meatballs by Little House Living. These made from scratch meatballs and sauce are the perfect meal for a busy day. Maybe it’s running errands, music lessons, or a fun field trip that has you out of the house all day. There’s nothing like a “Set It and Forget It” crock pot meal on those days.
- Meal 5 – Kid-Friendly Skinny Fettuccine Alfredo from Second Chances Girl. Two things caught my attention about this recipe….Kid-Friendly and Skinny! I love Fettuccine Alfredo so that’s a great combination in my book.
- Meal 6 – Extra Spicy Honey Glazed Chicken (and Gluten Free) by The Seasoned Homemaker. Another quick and easy meal! Our family enjoys spicy, but if you’re concerned about the “extra spicy” just use a little less red pepper flakes.
Plan in a day for leftovers and you’ve got meals for a week!
Here’s what our other hostesses have featured:
Happy Mother’s Day by Monica at Happy And Blessed Home
Mother’s Day Crafts and Gifts by Carly at Africa to America
6 Orgainze Tips by Stephanie at Everyday Family Living
Meet and Follow our Hostesses:
Monica created Family Fun Friday and blogs at HappyandBlessedHome.com where she shares free preschool tools and printables, encouraging words for moms, and ideas for having fun together as a family. Follow: Blog / Facebook / Pinterest / Twitter /Google + / Bloglovin’. Monica will feature Family Fun Posts.
Stephanie Kay is a busy homeschooling mom of 5. She blogs at Everyday Family Living where she shares practical ideas for home organization, family activities, books and education, and health & fitness. Follow: Blog / Facebook / Pinterest / Stephanie will feature Money Saving and Organizing Tips.
Carly is an adoptive mama and piano teacher who blogs at Africa to America. She writes about globalism, compassion and motherhood. Follow: Facebook / Pinterest / Twitter. Carly will be featuring posts on kid learning and crafting.
Danita enjoys blogging about cooking and shares yummy recipes on her blog OTasteandSee. Follow: Blog / Facebook / Pinterest / Twitter /Google +. Danita will feature Delicious Recipes. Please Don’t Forget a Few Simple Rules:
- Link Only Family Friendly Post – Don’t make me spell it out…
- Follow Your Host(s)
- Spread the Word
- Mingle! Bloggers Love Comments
- If you link up, you permit the hosts of Family Fun Friday to use your pictures/ideas as part of future posts and/or social media
Now on to the PARTY!