These Cinnamon and Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots are a family favorite!
We don’t eat a lot of casseroles. I’m more of a “meat and two sides” kinda cook. You know, a meat, a starch and a green veggie, but sometimes I like to add carrots as an extra side dish.
Cinnamon and Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots can be made with fresh or frozen baby carrots, large carrots or if you’re in a hurry canned are fine. It’s a great recipe for kids, even if they don’t think they like cooked carrots. They are usually enticed by the sweetness…don’t tell them carrots are nutritious too.
Here’s the Recipe:
1 16 oz bag of baby carrots
1/2 cup brown sugar
3/4 tsp cinnamon
3 Tbsp butter
Place carrots in pot and cover with water
Bring to a boil, reduce slightly and continue to boil about 20 minutes or until carrots are tender
Drain well and return to pot
Add sugar, cinnamon and butter, tossing to coat
*This recipe is subject to personal taste. Add more sugar, cinnamon or butter depending on your preference.
- 1 16 oz bag of baby carrots
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Place carrots in pot and cover with water
- Bring to a boil, reduce slightly and continue to boil about 20 minutes or until carrots are tender
- Drain all but about 1/4 - 1/2 cup water
- Add sugar, cinnamon and butter, tossing to coat
- Return to low heat and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, until liquid is reduced and thickened