Welcome to Family Fun Friday!
Family Fun Friday is a collection of Family Friendly posts to help families connect. Whether it be through encouragement, homeschool printables, craft ideas, family activities or delicious family recipes, our goal is to promote family togetherness. We hope you’ll stick around a while and check out some of the great ideas you see here.
Briefly, I’d like to mention an opportunity for those of you who may homeschool or blog about homeschooling. Build Your Bundle is putting together a homeschool edition and right now they are looking for affiliates. They’re super easy to work with, the sale doesn’t start until the summer and only lasts six days. If you’re interested in signing up, I’d love for you to use my affiliate link listed below, or in the side bar. Thanks!
It’s hard to believe it’s Mid-May already. Things have been busy here as we finish up our school year, prepare for summer camps and look forward to a month long visit from my in-laws. The weather is really starting to warm up and it won’t be long now until we’re seeing triple digits. I mentioned to a friend recently that “ice cream season” is nearly here. With those thoughts in mind, I chose the features for this week…
Cool Summer Treats on Family Fun Friday
Every time I think of Ice Cream I want to recite…..
I Scream, You scream, We All Scream for ICE CREAM!
And once you see this weeks choices, you may be saying the same thing.
- We’re invited to “grab the largest bowl” we have and head over to The First Year Blog for a big bowl of this Banana Pecan Chocolate Chunk Hot Fudge Ice Cream! I don’t know about you, but I’m leaving NOW! Besides all the wonderful ingredients in this ice cream, it DOESN’T require and ice cream freezer!
- The Lady Prefers to Save gives us a great inexpensive version of the 7-Eleven Cherry Slurpee. Do you remember those as a kid? I do, we had a 7-Eleven right next to our apartment community when I was nine and “back in the day” we could walk there…by ourselves.
- Mocha Java Ice Cream from Kleinworth & Co. is the “perfect blend of mocha and coffee” and will be especially loved by those of us who are Starbucks mocha fans. I can’t wait to try it!
- Strawberry Frozen Yogurt is a delightful and healthy alternative to regular ice cream, brought to us by Mommy on Demand. Four ingredient and a blender is all you need!
- For those who miss drinking hot chocolate in the hot summer months, My Big Fat Happy Life gives you the perfect solution…Skinny Hot Chocolate Ice Cream! Some even say it tastes like a Wendy’s Frosty and hot chocolate is usually on sale in the summer.
- Organized by Day puts a new spin on the old Kool Aid pops by using Jell-O for these Cherry Lemonade Jello Popsicles. What a fun activity for the kids!
Please visit our featured bloggers and Pin, share, or follow them. Please, stop by our other hostesses and see their features.
Carly is featuring Learning Made Fun
Monica is featuring Outdoor Family Fun
Stephanie shows us six ways to save in the kitchen by making frequently used products Kitchen DIY
Meet the hostesses:
Monica created Family Fun Friday and blogs at HappyandBlessedHome.com where she shares free preschool tools and printables, encouraging words for moms, and ideas for having fun together as a family. Follow: Blog / Facebook / Pinterest / Twitter /Google + / Bloglovin’. Monica will feature Family Fun Posts.
Stephanie Kay is a busy homeschooling mom of 5. She blogs at Everyday Family Living where she shares practical ideas for home organization, family activities, books and education, and health & fitness. Follow: Blog / Facebook / Pinterest / Stephanie will feature Money Saving and Organizing Tips.
Carly is an adoptive mama and piano teacher who blogs at Africa to America. She writes about globalism, compassion and motherhood. Follow: Facebook / Pinterest / Twitter. Carly will be featuring posts on kid learning and crafting.
Please Don’t Forget a Few Simple Rules:
- Link Only Family Friendly Post – Don’t make me spell it out…
- Follow Your Host(s)
- Spread the Word
- Mingle! Bloggers Love Comments
- If you link up, you permit the hosts of Family Fun Friday to use your pictures/ideas as part of future posts and/or social media
Now on to the PARTY!