Amazing Apple Recipes on Family Fun Friday
It’s Family Fun Friday Time! Welcome!
Family Fun Friday is a collection of Family Friendly posts to help families connect. Whether it be through encouragement, homeschool printables, craft ideas, family activities or delicious family recipes, our goal is to promote family togetherness. We hope you’ll stick around a while and check out some of the great ideas you see here.
It’s mid-September and it seems everywhere Fall is in the air. At the store I’m seeing fall decor and new fall fashions. People all over are talking about cooler temperatures and pumpkin recipes.
When we lived in Pennsylvania Fall was…
Crisp, cool weather, beautifully changing leaves, picking pumpkins from the pumpkin patch and hayrides through apple orchards….followed by fresh, hot apple cider.
Now, we live in Texas and Fall is…
Cooler weather = high 80’s low 90’s
Changing Leaves = 1 tree with a little color, if you’re lucky, in mid to late November
Pumpkin Patch = the local Methodist church parking lot with a roped off section filled with pumpkins (Seriously, they call it a “Pumpkin Patch)
Apple Orchards = none, WAY too flat here for growing apples
Hot Apple Cider = jug purchased at the store and heated at home
Please don’t think I’m complaining, I just miss Fall. I am finding it hard to get into the “fall spirit” but I hope the featured Amazing Apple Recipes on Family Fun Friday will help.
1. Ana at Mommy’s Bundle shared this great round-up of 15 Kid-Friendly Apple Snacks. I can’t wait to try the Apple Cheesecake Quesadilla and the Apple Cookies. I guessing these are more than Kid-Friendly…adults will love them, too!
2. Gina at Kleinworth & Co shared Apple Pie – Easiest Homemade Recipe. She makes her own crust! You know me and pie crusts…try hers!
3. Cathy at Three Kids and a Fish shared Apple Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars. These look super easy and delicious!
4. Annie at Annie’s Noms shared Caramel Apple Oatmeal Bars. What goes better with Apples than Caramel? You just can’t go wrong with that combination.
5. Thaleia at Something 2 Offer shared Super Simple Homemade Apple Sauce. I love anything homemade! I think people don’t do it more because they think it’s hard, so Super Simple and Homemade are perfect!
6. Rounding out our features we have Christine from I Dig Pinterest sharing 22 Luscious Apple Desserts! I think a little Apple Lasagna and Apple Pizza could definitely help me get into Fall…cool weather or not!
Let’s see what our other co-hosts are featuring…
Selena has chosen Fall Nature-Inspired Crafts
Monica is running a $2000 Cash Giveaway with Fall Round ups of Crafts and Recipes
Misty has chosen Faith and Family
And Hechel is on vacation! Yeah for her!
Time to meet the ladies behind Family Fun Friday:
Monica created Family Fun Friday and blogs at HappyandBlessedHome.com where she shares free preschool tools and printables, encouraging words for moms, and ideas for having fun together as a family. Follow: Blog / Facebook / Pinterest / Twitter /Google + / Bloglovin’. Monica will feature Family Fun Posts.
Selena is a homeschooling graduate and a homeschooling mom to four super special kids. She blogs at Look! We’re Learning! about unit studies, foreign language, and homeschooling with ADHD. Follow: Blog / Facebook / Pinterest / Instagram / Twitter.
Misty is passionate about women’s ministry and encouraging the hearts of wives and moms. You can check out her inspired posts on Beautiful Ashes. Follow: Blog / Facebook / Pinterest / Twitter /Google +. Misty will feature posts to encourage women and family fun.
Herchel enjoys blogging about parenting, organizing, crafting, and having good old-fashioned kid fun her blog Scrggbug Corner. Follow: Blog / Facebook / Pinterest / Twitter /Google +. Herchel will feature organizing and family fun.
Please Don’t Forget a Few Simple Rules:
- Link Only Family Friendly Post – Don’t make me spell it out…
- Follow Your Host(s)
- Spread the Word
- Mingle! Bloggers Love Comments
- If you link up, you permit the hosts of Family Fun Friday to use your pictures/ideas as part of future posts and/or social media
Remember, bloggers love pins, shares, comments and follows, so if you see something you like…let them know.
And to the party we go….