Today’s Time Saving Tuesday is a quick and easy breakfast recipe….Breakfast Burritos!
I had never eaten Breakfast Burritos until we moved to Texas, but here they’ll eat anything wrapped in a tortilla!
These make a great alternative to plain bacon and eggs, they’re super easy and very filling. It uses simple ingredients we always have on hand…bacon, eggs, cheese, salsa (if you like) and flour tortillas. Ok, I know the tortillas and salsa might not be a “staple” for people everywhere but you can pick some up.
The only “tricky” part may be the proper rolling of the tortilla. I know, you’re probably thinking something like, “There’s a proper way to wrap a burrito?” Yes, just folding over the sides won’t work…all the good stuff will fall out the bottom as soon as you pick it up. Really, just look at the pictures at the bottom….you’ll thank me later.
Here’s the Recipe:
- Bacon – 1 slice per burrito
- Egg – 1 per burrito
- Flour Tortillas – 6 inch
- Cheese – cheddar or cheddar jack
- Pepper to taste
- Salsa – optional
Cook desired amount of bacon and eggs
Heat tortillas one at a time in skillet over medium-medium high heat
Place eggs in warm tortilla, top with bacon and cheese
Add Pepper to taste (I don’t use salt, the bacon is usually enough)
Proper Way to Roll A Burrito:
First, push all the filling toward the top and fold the bottom of the tortilla up
Fold one side over, “tuck” and finish rolling
Quick and Easy!
- Bacon - 1 slice per burrito
- Egg - 1 per burrito
- Flour Tortillas - 6 inch
- Cheese - cheddar or cheddar jack
- Pepper to taste
- Salsa - optional
- Cook desired amount of bacon and eggs
- Heat tortillas one at a time in skillet over medium-medium high heat
- Place eggs in warm tortilla, top with bacon and cheese
- Add Pepper to taste (I don't use salt, the bacon is usually enough)
- Rolling the Burrito
- First, push all the filling toward the top and fold the bottom of the tortilla up
- Fold one side over, "tuck" and finish rolling