Chocolate Cherry Swirls
Thanks Nestle DelightFulls for sponsoring this post. All opinions are my own.
Have you seen the new Nestle DelightFulls at the grocery store? If not, run, don’t walk, to pick some up….now!
Browsing online a couple of days ago I ran across this recipe for a cream cheese filled pastry with chocolate chips. It looked amazing and reminded me of my Chocolate Crescents, which my mom loves. I usually make them when my parents visit around Christmas. This year we may be having a “pastry buffet”.
Reading through the recipe, I realized these little beauties would be perfect with a little cherry flavor. I substituted Nestle DelightFulls for regular chocolate chips and it was the perfect flavor combination of chocolate and cherry. It was like eating a chocolate covered cherry wrapped in a soft fluffy blanket of puff pastry.
DelightFulls come in four flavors and honestly, I had a hard time choosing which one to get. In the end I bought the Dark Chocolate Cherry filled and Dark Chocolate with Mint…I think I see a pattern here. Later I’m sure we will be trying the Milk Chocolate varieties filled with caramel or peanut butter.
I made these Chocolate Cherry Swirls as a breakfast treat the other day, then realized the original recipe called them “cookies”. Oops..I think I fed my family cookies for breakfast! You say “cookie” I say “pastry”… eat them when you want…I don’t judge.
Here’s the Recipe:
1 package frozen puff pastry
1 bag Nestle DelightFulls Cherry Morsels
8 oz cream cheese – softened
3 Tbsp sugar
Allow pastry to thaw according to directions on box
Using a fork, mix cream cheese and sugar
Unfold 1 sheet of pastry onto lightly floured surface
Using a rolling-pin, dusted with flour, roll into a 14 X 10 sheet
Spread half of cream cheese on pastry
Sprinkle with DelightFulls. As tempting as it may be…don’t over-do it. The pastry is light so be careful.
Starting at the long end, roll carefully
Pinch gently or use a little water to seal edge
Cut pastry in 1-1 1/2 inch slices
Place cut side down on lightly sprayed baking sheet
Repeat with second sheet of pastry
Bake about 20 minutes at 350 degrees
DelightFulls…a MUST try!
- 1 package frozen puff pastry
- 1 bag Nestle DelightFulls Cherry Morsels
- 8 oz cream cheese – softened
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- Allow pastry to thaw according to directions on box
- Using a fork, mix cream cheese and sugar
- Unfold 1 sheet of pastry onto lightly floured surface
- Using a rolling pin, dusted with flour, roll into a 14 X 10 sheet
- Spread half of cream cheese on pastry
- Sprinkle with DelightFulls. As tempting as it may be…don’t over-do it.
- Starting at the long end, roll carefully
- Pinch gently or use a little water to seal edge
- Cut pastry in 1-1 1/2 inch slices
- Place cut side down on lightly sprayed baking sheet
- Repeat with second sheet of pastry
- Bake about 20 minutes at 350 degrees