Welcome to Family Fun Friday
Summer’s coming to a close and it’s time to start thinking about going Back to School. I, for one, have really enjoyed this summer. It’s been the “Summer of Visitors” at our house…which has been great!
First, my in-laws were here for a month, followed by my parents (for a few days), then a good friend from Florida was in town for business and he was able to stay one night with us. Our oldest daughter spent the summer working at camp so we had an extra room!
We didn’t get too many of our “summer goals” accomplished but we did have a great time relaxing and spending time with friends and family. Now, it’s time to get busy again with school, piano lessons, symphonies and face-painting. I’m a little exhausted just thinking about it.
Since going Back to School can mean being on a tighter schedule I thought it would be nice to feature some great Easy Back to School Recipes on Family Fun Friday.
1. We all know breakfast is the most important meal of the day, right? But it also seems to be the most difficult. Shari at Pure Grace Farms shared with us 7 Great Breakfasts to Get Your Day Started. These look amazingly delicious and I hope they will encourage you to make a healthy breakfast…I know they have me.
2. Raia at Raia’s Recipes shared a really Easy BBQ Wing recipe! Wings can be a great dinner or party food!
3. Linda at Faith Filled Food for Moms shared Frozen Personal Size Pizza With Homemade Dough. I don’t know about your kids, but mine LOVE pizza…anytime, but lunch is a special treat. Frozen pizza from the store has gotten SOOO expensive (the good ones anyway) so the idea of making my own is very exciting. As wonderful as this sounds, I chose this for another reason…this dough isn’t just for pizza! Several things can be made from it including “Hot Pockets” and “Cheesy Bread Sticks”. I hope you stop by and check it out.
4. Linda at Marriage, Motherhood and Missions shared Tomato-Basil Angel Hair Pasta. Pasta always makes a quick and easy weeknight dinner but I am often concerned about my family getting tired of plain ol’ spaghetti. This pasta dish uses fresh ingredients for a tasty (and lovely) dish I think your family will enjoy.
5. Elizabeth at Balm to My Soul shared Chicken Bacon Ranch Hoagies. I’m not sure this one needs much explanation…it’s Chicken, Bacon and Ranch…what’s not to love about that?!
6. Barb at A Life in the Balance shared a TON of wonderful Back to School Tips! She has everything…organizing, money saving and some awesome Lunch Box Ideas, School Morning Breakfasts, and Menu Planning!
Please stop by my lovely co-hosts and see what they’ve featured this week!
Monica @ Happy and Blessed Home
Carly @ Africa to America
Time to meet the ladies behind Family Fun Friday:
Monica created Family Fun Friday and blogs at HappyandBlessedHome.com where she shares free preschool tools and printables, encouraging words for moms, and ideas for having fun together as a family. Follow: Blog / Facebook / Pinterest / Twitter /Google + / Bloglovin’. Monica will feature Family Fun Posts.
Stephanie Kay is a busy homeschooling mom of 5. She blogs at Everyday Family Living where she shares practical ideas for home organization, family activities, books and education, and health & fitness. Follow: Blog / Facebook / Pinterest / Stephanie will feature Money Saving and Organizing Tips.
Carly is an adoptive mama and piano teacher who blogs at Africa to America. She writes about globalism, compassion and motherhood. Follow: Facebook / Pinterest / Twitter. Carly will be featuring posts on kid learning and crafting.
Family Fun Friday is a collection of Family Friendly posts to help families connect. Whether it be through encouragement, homeschool printables, craft ideas, family activities or delicious family recipes, our goal is to promote family togetherness. We hope you’ll stick around a while and check out some of the great ideas you see here.
Please Don’t Forget a Few Simple Rules:
- Link Only Family Friendly Post – Don’t make me spell it out…
- Follow Your Host(s)
- Spread the Word
- Mingle! Bloggers Love Comments
- If you link up, you permit the hosts of Family Fun Friday to use your pictures/ideas as part of future posts and/or social media
Remember, bloggers love pins, shares, comments and follows, so if you see something you like…let them know.
And to the party we go….