Shrimp Scampi Pasta with Olive Oil
*Pompeian Olive Oil and compensation were provided for this post but it’s a great recipe and I love EVOO!
August is National Olive Oil Month!
As you may know, I LOVE celebrating the “National Food” Days so I was thrilled when Pompeian, the number one selling Extra Virgin Olive Oil in the U S, asked me to partner with them to promote the Pompeian Pledge. The Pledge is a call for consumers nationwide to swap butter for olive oil in everyday recipes.
We took the pledge and made an entire Italian meal without butter…including homemade croutons, Shrimp Scampi Pasta, and garlic bread.
The health benefits of Olive Oil are no secret, but did you know EVOO can be substituted for butter in just about any recipe? I had no idea! It’s a breeze with Pompeian’s convenient conversion chart! You’ll also find some really enticing recipes; I think we’re going to make the Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cake this weekend.
As I was planning this meal and considering my Shrimp Scampi Pasta recipe, I have to be honest, I was a little skeptical…I mean, really? Shrimp Scampi is ALL about the butter! But….it turned out great! The sauce in our new Shrimp Scampi Pasta with Olive Oil was light and flavorful and much more healthy than my “butter version”. It was ready in under thirty minutes and my whole family enjoyed it!
Here’s the Recipe:
This recipe makes about 5-6 servings
12 oz. medium peeled and deveined shrimp
5 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup white wine (or white cooking wine)
1 tsp fresh parsley (finely chopped)
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
1/8 tsp pepper – or to taste
1/8 tsp salt – or to taste
Your favorite pasta
Place EVOO in a medium sized skillet
Saute garlic in oil over medium heat for about a minute
Add tomatoes, wine and parsley – may need to reduce heat slightly
Saute until tomatoes are slightly tender – about 1-2 minutes
Add shrimp, salt and pepper and toss to coat
*mine were purchased fully cooked and frozen so I just needed to cook until they were heated*
Cook until shrimp are pink
Serve over your choice of noodles or add noodles to skillet and toss to coat
Top with more parsley and fresh Parmesan cheese….SUPER easy!
Are you ready to take the Pompeian Pledge? For those who do, Pompeian is having some AWESOME giveaways…1,000 randomly selected fans will receive a free movie redemption code AND a free bottle of olive oil! PLUS, every week 5 additional winners will receive a fun prize pack! WOW, eat healthier AND win prizes! How fun is that?!
Learn more about Pompeian’s collection of Extra Virgin Olive Oils, Special Blends and the premium Varietals Collection and give your everyday recipes a new twist.
How will you celebrate National Olive Oil Month?
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf Pompeian.
- 12 oz. medium peeled and deveined shrimp
- 5 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup white wine (or white cooking wine)
- 1 tsp fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/8 tsp pepper - or to taste
- 1/8 tsp salt - or to taste
- Your favorite pasta
- Place EVOO in a medium sized skillet
- Saute garlic in oil over medium heat for about a minute
- Add tomatoes, wine and parsley - may need to reduce heat slightly
- Saute until tomatoes are slightly tender - about 1-2 minutes
- Add shrimp, salt and pepper and toss to coat
- Cook until shrimp are pink
- Serve over your choice of noodles or add noodles to skillet and toss to coat
- I used fully cooked, frozen shrimp but fresh would also work.