Frozen Cookies and Cream Dessert
Technically it’s Fall, but here it’s warm again, and as long as it’s warm we might as well have ice cream, right?
As I was preparing to have our church ladies over, I remembered this dessert. It had been YEARS since I’d made it. In fact, so many years my children didn’t remember ever having it.
This Frozen Cookies and Cream Dessert came from a Tupperware Party I attended over twenty years ago. Everyone at the party loved it and several ladies probably bought the Tupperware piece used to make it. I don’t have that piece of Tupperware today so I just used a glass 9×13 pan. It’s a very easy dessert and I made it a couple of days ahead.
Here’s the Recipe:
1 container vanilla ice cream – 1.5-2 quart size depending on brand
1 bag chocolate sandwich cookies (I usually use generic but oreo was on sale)
1 tub whipped topping
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans
Take ice cream out of freezer and allow to soften enough to spread
In a baggie, coarsely crush oreos
Pat crushed oreos into bottom of pan
Spread ice cream over cookies
Top ice cream with chocolate syrup, nuts and chocolate chips
Spread whipped topping over
Cover and freeze until ready to serve
Remove from freezer about 5 minutes before ready to serve
Garnish with more chocolate chips, syrup and nuts
Cut into squares and serve
I realized we were only going to have four ladies at our meeting so the family had a little “taste test” the night before.
Their reaction…..And WHY haven’t we had this before?
- 1 container vanilla ice cream- 1.5-2 quart size, depending on brand
- 1 bag chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1 tub whipped topping
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- chocolate syrup
- Take ice cream out of freezer and allow to soften enough to spread
- In a baggie, coarsely crush oreos
- Pat crushed oreos into bottom of pan
- Spread ice cream over cookies
- Top ice cream with chocolate syrup, nuts and chocolate chips
- Spread whipped topping over
- Cover and freeze until ready to serve
- Remove from freezer about 5 minutes before ready to serve
- Garnish with more chocolate chips, syrup and nuts
- Cut into squares and serve
- I usually use generic cookies but this time oreos were on sale
- The nuts can be left out if someone has nut allergies
- Can also be made with mint ice cream