Homemade Garlic Herb Croutons
Do you ever wonder what to do with slightly stale bread? Have you ever added a salad to dinner at the last minute and realized you don’t have croutons?
Homemade Garlic Herb Croutons are extremely easy. They take only a couple of minutes and everyone will love them!
The night we made these I didn’t think there would be any left by dinner time. My daughter came into the kitchen to help with dinner and saw them sitting there. Before I knew it a significant amount of them were GONE! They’re so good, they don’t even need salad.
My favorite thing about this recipe is it’s versatility. Any bread will work, although French, sour dough or other thick sliced bread works best. For seasoning, I used a Bread Dipping seasoning and garlic but your favorite seasoning can be used to suit your family’s taste. Try different spices with different salads or soups.
Here’s the Recipe:
4-5 slices of bread ( I used sliced bread from Panera Bakery)
Italian herbs (I used “dipping” herbs)
Place bread on baking sheet and brush both sides with olive oil
Sprinkle both sides with garlic powder and herbs
Place under broiler until
When top reaches desired “toastiness” flip and toast other side
Remove from oven and allow to cool until safe to handle
Cut in cubes and serve with salad or soup
I recommend hiding them until ready to serve…
otherwise they may to disappear!
- 4-5 slices of bread ( I used sliced bread from Panera Bakery)
- olive oil
- garlic powder
- Italian herbs (I used "dipping" herbs)
- Place bread on baking sheet and brush both sides with olive oil
- Sprinkle both sides with garlic powder and herbs
- Place under broiler until
- When top reaches desired "toastiness" flip and toast other side
- Remove from oven and allow to cool until safe to handle
- Cut in cubes and serve with salad or soup
- Any bread can be used. I like French bread, sour dough or other thick sliced bread