Random Recipes on Family Fun Friday
Welcome to Family Fun Friday!
Exciting news this week….we have THREE new co-hosts!
That means more exposure and more features. You’ll never run out of great ideas for family fun at Family Fun Friday!
Family Fun Friday is a collection of Family Friendly posts to help families connect. Whether it be through encouragement, homeschool printables, craft ideas, family activities or delicious family recipes, our goal is to promote family togetherness. We hope you’ll stick around a while and check out some of the great ideas you see here.
Well, it’s September and Labor Day has past so that means summer is “officially” over. Even though we’ve been busy with school for several weeks now it just doesn’t seem like fall. Having temps in the high 90’s doesn’t help any. I’m just not feelin’ the pumpkin food and hot drinks yet.
As I looked through all the great links this week I couldn’t decide on a theme. There were so many Random Recipes I loved, so I decided THAT would be the theme….Random Recipes on Family Fun Friday!
1. Berry Stuffed French Toast by Hello Little Home. I enjoy a big breakfast and French toast with berries is one of my favorites.
2. Chocolate Chip Pie by Coffee With Us Three. We’re BIG fans of the chocolate chip here at our house. We eat it in pancakes, muffins, cookies, you name it…but I’ve never heard of Chocolate Chip Pie! Yeah! One more use for chocolate chips.
3. Best Summer Blueberry-Cherry Cobbler by Kentucky Sketches. I’ve mentioned several times that I am not a pie crust maker, so this cobbler recipe looks perfect for me!
4. Ensaimadas by Sabor Pastel. This was by far the most intriguing recipe shared. If you are like me and haven’t before heard of ensaimadas I will give you a little definition. They are a traditional sweet bread originating on the island of Mallorca, Spain. They are so beautiful and you’ll have to hop on over to Sabor Pastel to see what she filled them with!
5. Jordan’s Mexican Lasagna by Jay Tried and True. Anything “Mexican” is my favorite type of food, so putting it into layers and calling it “lasagna”….WIN in my book!
6. Southern Comfort Food Recipes by Super Mommy Club. This is a collection of 26 kid-friendly southern comfort foods that will warm your soul!
Now let’s see what my co-hosts have chosen to feature…
Herchel from Scruggbug Corner is featuring A Clean Slate for Fall.
Misty from Misty Leask is featuring Encouragement and Tips for Busy Moms
Selena from Look We’re Learning chose Homeschool Curriculum Choices
Time to meet the ladies behind Family Fun Friday:
Monica created Family Fun Friday and blogs at HappyandBlessedHome.com where she shares free preschool tools and printables, encouraging words for moms, and ideas for having fun together as a family. Follow: Blog / Facebook / Pinterest / Twitter /Google + / Bloglovin’. Monica will feature Family Fun Posts.
Selena is a homeschooling graduate and a homeschooling mom to four super special kids. She blogs at Look! We’re Learning! about unit studies, foreign language, and homeschooling with ADHD. Follow: Blog / Facebook / Pinterest / Instagram / Twitter.
Misty is passionate about women’s ministry and encouraging the hearts of wives and moms. You can check out her inspired posts on Beautiful Ashes. Follow: Blog / Facebook / Pinterest / Twitter /Google +. Misty will feature posts to encourage women and family fun.
Herchel enjoys blogging about parenting, organizing, crafting, and having good old-fashioned kid fun her blog Scrggbug Corner. Follow: Blog / Facebook / Pinterest / Twitter /Google +. Herchel will feature organizing and family fun.
Please Don’t Forget a Few Simple Rules:
- Link Only Family Friendly Post – Don’t make me spell it out…
- Follow Your Host(s)
- Spread the Word
- Mingle! Bloggers Love Comments
- If you link up, you permit the hosts of Family Fun Friday to use your pictures/ideas as part of future posts and/or social media
Remember, bloggers love pins, shares, comments and follows, so if you see something you like…let them know.
And to the party we go….