Texas Chili Salad
Thanks, Wolf® Brand Chili for sponsoring this delicious, quick and easy meal and post. Our family loved it!
We aren’t native Texans, but we got here as quick as we could, and that was almost nine years ago.
One of the things I was most excited about when we moved here was the food! Go figure? No seriously, Texas has THE BEST food! Where else can you find enchiladas on the Chinese buffet, eat you’re weight in chips and salsa and have chili from the “original” source? Yes, Texas “invented” chili.
There’s nothing like some good ol’ Texas Chili. When I need canned chili I know that means Wolf® Brand Chili! Why? Because Wolf® Brand started in Texas and they only make chili! It’s been around since the early 1900’s so you know it’s got to be good. The authentic Texas recipe gives it a deliciously bold flavor. We love chili by itself, on hot dogs or over tortilla chips, but this week I decided to put a new spin on a classic Texas dish.
To make this Texas Chili Salad I started with the Texas classic, Chili Pie.
Chili Pie is a Texas favorite made with chili and corn chips. Even though it’s great by itself, we decided to try it as a topping for salad. I made a Southwest Ranch Dressing to go with it and the flavor was AMAZING! It actually turned out better than I had expected. Even our non-salad-eating son liked it…and had seconds! This is going to be a regular at our house. The only thing I plan to do differently is…make more so we can have left overs.
Here’s the Recipe:
1/2 bag corn chips (save the rest for topping)
2 cans Wolf® Brand Chili (no beans)
Cheese – Cheddar, Mexican Blend or Cheddar Jack
1 bag salad mix
Southwest Ranch Dressing (1 cup ranch mixed with 2 Tbsp taco seasoning)
more cheese and corn chips
Place corn chips on bottom of glass baking pan
Top with Wolf® Brand Chili and cheese
Bake about 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees or until heated through and cheese is melted
While “pie” is baking prepare southwest ranch by adding 2 Tbsp taco seasoning to ranch dressing
Mix well and refrigerate until ready to serve
When Chili Pie is ready:
Place salad on plate and drizzle with southwest ranch dressing
Top with generous portion of Chili Pie
Top with optional toppings of your choice
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of the Wolf® Brand Chili.
- 1/2 bag corn chips (save the rest for topping)
- 2 cans Wolf® Brand Chili (no beans)
- Cheese – Cheddar, Mexican or Cheddar Jack
- 1 bag salad mix
- Southwest Ranch Dressing (1 cup ranch mixed with 2 Tbsp taco seasoning)
- diced tomatoes
- sour cream
- jalapeno peppers
- Place corn chips on bottom of glass baking pan
- Top with Wolf® Brand Chili and cheese
- Bake about 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees or until heated through and cheese is melted
- While “pie” is baking prepare southwest ranch by adding 2 Tbsp taco seasoning to dressing
- Mix well and refrigerate until ready to serve
- When Chili Pie is ready
- Place salad on plate and drizzle with southwest ranch dressing
- Top with generous portion of Chili Pie
- Top with optional toppings of your choice
- The Southwest Ranch can be made in advance. It's actually best when made the day before.